- 5 luxury apartments in the heart of Willemstad
- Located in the historic Unesco district of Pietermaai
- Boutique style apartments, luxury, personal hospitality
- Personal welcome with fresh fruits and sparkling drink
- Description Surroundings & Activities Pietermaai 78 -
- Surroundings & Activities -
- Facilities Apartments Pietermaai 78 -
The Caribbean island Curacao is home to more than 35 captivating beaches, a diverse heritage spanning 55 different cultures, 'live and let live' attitude and unrivaled European architecture; Curaçao remains one of the most exceptional islands of the region. Its capital city, Willemstad — where Punda and Pietermaai are a UNESCO World Heritage site — with its iconic colorful Handelskade backdrop and roster of museums, monuments, flavorful restaurants and shopping, was selected in 2013 as one of the Top 5 Cities in the Caribbean by Condé Nast Traveler's readers. Curaçao's natural beauty, pristine diving and snorkeling sites are a favorite with divers and adventure seekers, and its beaches and idyllic weather, situated on the outer fringes of the Hurricane Belt, has won it further accolade and recognition.
PM78 Urban Oasis Curacao is located in the historic Pietermaai District at Pietermaai 78 in a new townhouse with a monumental look and feel.
At Pietermaai 78 we are offering 5 luxury apartments. The Beach House Pietermaai is located in a monumental mansion at Pietermaai 18, the best spot for your honeymoon!
The central location of the apartments makes PM78 the perfect spot for relaxation and enjoying each other, your family or your friends. And also for daytrips to play golf, diving, horse back riding, sailing or relaxing on the many natural beaches. In the evenings you can easily visit the excellent restaurants, all on walking distance of your apartment.
The nearest beach is on a 10 minutes walking distance and you can reach the popular beaches like Mambo and Cabana beach on the Sea Aquraium Boulevard by car or local bus within 5 minutes. These sandy beaches offer happy hours, music, shops and the Sea Aquarium with dolphin shows. Also a city beach is within 2 minutes walking distance reachable.
Curacao is a prime location for diving fanatics: the water is warm and clear and the beaches are snow-white with palm trees softly swaying in a light breeze. You can reach also easily the beaches on Westpunt, like Porto Marie, Grote Knip and Cas Abao. Perfect snorkeling spots, or visit the national Christoffel Parc, Shete Boca with the natural bridge and swimming turtles, or visit the old plantation manors.
In our street in historic Pietermaai District you will find everything you need for an ultimate vacation. A trendy lounge and ocean club, atmospheric restaurants, cozy cafes (and happy hours), hair stylist, drug store, small shops, a diving school with dive shop and a small supermarket, all within 1400 feet of the accommodation. At about 2000 feet you will find the Willemstad historical city centre with a diverse range of shops, town squares with patio cafes, the historical synagogue, the harbor with docked cruise ships, the pontjesbrug (also known as the swinging old lady), many museums – too much to list!
PM78 Urban Oasis and Pietermaai District
Pietermaai is a historic district (Unesco Heritage List) with a lot of new developments and active entrepeneurs, who are creating the ultimate and cozy holiday area. Highlights through the year are: Kingsnight- and day (Dutch party with music, fairs and much more), Pagara (New Years Eve) and the Christmas Fair. Also a yearly street music festival is happening in Pietermaai District. There are many excellent and charming restaurants within walking distance from PM78! A couple of these culinairy restaurants we mention here:
- Restaurant Cristal, Johan van Walbeeckplein, Wine, dine and bites. French style fine dining in renovated monument Restaurant
- Kome, worldly cooking techniques lay the foundation for the creative freedom of Chef David and Pastry Chef Susan, Johan van Walbeeckplein
- Fishaliscious delicious Seafood and more, Loostraat
- Mundo Bizarro, a fusion restaurant and café with a remarkable interior, Nieuwestraat
- Restaurant Ginger, Carib Asian Cuisine, Schoonestraat, Pietermaai Smal open 7 days a week, from 5 till late
- Plasa Bieu, real local food, only lunch
- Deja Vu, French style restaurant, Pietermaai 80
- Camel Beach, ocean front, Arabic food, sunbeds for free, Pietermaai 86
Around the corner from PM78, in the Nieuwestraat, you can enjoy Jazz music in the broadest sense at Miles Jazz Café. On Monday and Thursday there is a live jazz performance. All the other days you are more than welcome to wander inside and connect to the music of true jazz legends and current jazz artists. Most of the music is even played on old fashioned turntables! Besides enjoying Jazz classics, this is also the place in Pietermaai to enjoy a broad variety of drinks, cognac, and cigars. While there, try the Hennessy Mojito during a domino game!
U.S. currency is accepted everywhere along with traveler's checks and most major credit cards.
Prices quoted in the national currency, the Netherlands Antilles florin or 'guilder' are at the exchange rate of US$1.00 = 1.79 NA florin in the banks.
On the local market it is $1 = 1.75 NA florin.
Dutch is the official language. Habitants also speak English, Spanish and their own unique blend, Papiamentu.
Amsterdam - 9 hrs.
Caracas - 45 mins.
Miami - 2.5 hrs.
Newark - 4.5 hrs.
Electricity in our apartments
110 voltage and 220 voltage, USA outlets and European outlets.
- Walking distance to excellent restaurants
- Walking distance to floating fruit market
- Walking distance to Punda pontoon bridge
- Walking distance to shops & musea
- 20 minutes drive from Hato Airport
- 5 minutes drive to Mambo/Sea Aquarium Beach
- 20 minutes drive to Aloe Vera Plantation
- 30 minutes drive to Westpunt